Thursday, June 23, 2011

FINALLY...

A post with lots of pictures...ha ha!! I'm sorry for all of the collages, but I got so behind on posting some of our fun, that it would probably be, like, 6 or 7 posts with just pictures. Figure I'll catch up and then try to be better about posting...I hope! We had Dana's Walk at the very beginning of June and Clay's niece and nephew came from OK the night before, so that was a wonderful weekend. I don't have pictures of it, but Clay wanted us to be able to have a nice Anniversary too, so Paw Paw took us out to a wonderful Deli for lunch and then he and Grandma watched the kids so we could go to the Temple that evening!! June 3rd was a wonderful 6th Anniversary!

The next four collages are of us at the walk. It was a awesome turnout. One guy told us that there were triple the amount of people this year compared to last!! Miranda, Dallas, Gabby, Cavan and I, were the very last ones to make it through the finish line!! The kids were awesome, helping with Gabby and Cavan. It was so fun just walking and talking with them!!! They are just great kids!!!!

Loved their hair do's!!!

First day at Busch Gardens. Gabby had grown enough that she could ride all of the rides in Elmo's Land!!
She was not too happy after getting off of "Grover's Alpine Express"...
and proof that it was scary!!!
First time brave enough to run through the water park...
dancing to their show songs(she is in the bottom right corner waving)...
and then back to the water!!
Lovely animals, and Paw paw and Daddy enjoying Pompeii!!
Met up with everyone for lunch in Germany and had front row seats thanks to Aunt Ya ya and Uncle David!!
A lot of the cast would smile for me when they saw my camera come out, and wave at Cavan!! He thoroughly enjoyed the show!!!
Unfortunately, no kids were riding the bumper cars, and she had no clue how to drive, so she just did circles all over!!
The amazing Celtic show!
Second day we had Miranda and Dallas with us!!!
Another ride Gabby did not enjoy...the Tea Cups!!
Roman Rapids was a blast for Clay, Miranda and Dallas...
and for Gabby and Cavan who enjoyed ice cream while waiting...yummmmm!!
At one point, Miranda, Dallas and Clay wanted to ride Apollo's Chariot again, so I took Gabby to the little toddler rides in Italy! She loved loved loved them, aside from it being a ride, what made them great, was that there were other kids riding along with her...no lonely pokey face!
In the Dinosaur park area there were rides and a water area to play in. Gabby tested our emergency response system, by deciding to go off on her own, behind Clay's back. I was almost in tears walking around yelling for her. I had just watched a dateline or some other show on kids being kidnapped at malls and other places and all I could think is "no not Gabby, NOT GABBY!!!!". My heart was racing and racing and stopping and stopping...thankfully though, she came running back around the big tree in the middle of the area a few minutes later, and I could have started crying when I saw her. I did hold it together and we had a very stern talk with her on leaving us without saying anything. Anyways...back to the vacay...ha ha!

Miranda and Dallas were so sweet at one point wanting to ride the rides with Gabby. They were able to ride one with her, before we left that area! Fun stuff!!
More Elmo shows! Cavan did great at sleeping while in the park. I think he got at least one good hour and a half nap while in the park, both days.
We did not realize how close to Old Williamsburg we were. Clay decided to take another way to get to the freeway from our hotel, and we drove right into it. It was very pretty!! Next time we are going to get out and walk around!!!
We were able to make it to Anna's 2nd Birthday party last Sunday. She is so stinkin' cute, and I cannot believe she is already two!!!!!!!!! Ca-razy!!!!!
Pop Pop escorted the kids back and forth from Kerri's to his house on his smokin' tractor several times a day while we were there. They loved loved loved it, and I mean loved loved loved it!!!
Before Miranda and Dallas left, we took lots of pictures of them!! They are just so fun!!!
The next three collages our pictures that David took!! Of course, that means they are amazing!!
I think most of the cute pictures of Cavan were taken while David was holding him too. He can't stop smiling when David has him!
FINALLY, I have to post about Cavan's First Birthday party!! Everyone was so wonderful coming to our little house, and celebrating such a big day with us!!!!!!!!!! (Pictures courtesy of David and Ya Ya =0))
Yummy, yummy cake!!! Aunt Ya Ya provided Cavan his "Smash cake", I think that is what it is called!!
Here is a collage of him demolishing the cake, step by step...too cute!!!
The cake is a long story, well not really, it just is very annoying to me. I made the icing with butter, which...ruined it for me when it came to decorating it. It was too thick when I tried to use a tip, so my wonderful husband, very patiently sat down and dipped a knife in warm water and spread the icing out over the cake, and then put a little Dinosaur design on it!! Cute, huh??!!!
Clean up time!!!!
This is what song comes to mind for the next collage...

"She works hard for the money
So hard for the money
She works hard for the money so you better treat her right"

Yep, that is awesome Auntie Erin cleaning up after Cavan!!!
Present time!!!
The funny part and usual part with a typical one year old, Cavan actually loved the boxes more than anything. No worries though, he has played with all of his toys since and read his books several times too!! Thanks everyone for the beautiful gifts!!!

Over all, we have had a lot of fun the whole month of June!!!! Thanks to all you for all that you do for us!! Love y'all!!

No comments: