Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wonderful 4th of July Weekend!!

We had a weekend full of exciting activities! First...going to see Pop Pop!!! We drove down to Maple Hill Friday morning and hung out with Pop Pop, Aunt Kerri and the girls!! Gabby was in hog heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We rode out to Camp Lejuene around 2:30 when we got a call from my dear friend that her hubby was now in North Carolina!! We went to take pictures for them, that way she did not have to worry about any of that while waiting for her hubby to come home. That was my first Marine homecoming, which is crazy to say, since I had grown up in Jacksonville!! We got there at 4pm, however he did not drive in til 8:20 that evening. So Gabby enjoyed playing with my friends kids, and Cavan loved hanging out with Pop Pop!!!


Heading down to the beach on Saturday, we were close to the fires burning in the swamps. It's kind of creepy to know you are that close to something so dangerous. I had to snap a few of the smoke rising up off of it!
At the beach on Saturday, Uncle Jim and Aunt Jean were surprised with a 50th Anniversary party!!! Preacher, cake and Family! It was so fun and Jodi and Jamie did a wonderful job putting it all together!!!! I'm sure they will want to post pictures, so I'm only posting a few! This first one is my favorite. How I always picture Uncle Jim and Aunt Jean...he being silly and her smiling away!!!!!!!! Congratulations to you both!! Here's to 50 more wonderful years of marriage!!!!!!!!!Aunt Jean and Uncle Jim opening the awesome gift that Mom and Dad got them from Hawaii!! Aunt Jean said she wished he had given it to her before, she would have worn it for the ceremony!

Sunday night, we went to lovely Surf City to watch the fireworks display!!! It was awesome!! Fireworks went on forever and kids were....
flying!!!!!!!!!!
I think this one is our overall favorite!!!!!!!!!!! I think it was Johnny that said, "this was the girls right as the Rendezvous went flying over the cliff"!!!!!!! I think Anna would've swallowed that gum!

Cavan's second 4th of July, however we are counting it as his first, since he slept through the last one. Ya know, being only a few weeks old! He thoroughly enjoyed them, didn't cry once! Anna on the other hand, was not too keen on the whole shin dig!
Lots of little fires kept breaking out on the little island that they were setting them off on! Kids kept screaming "FIRE FIRE FIRE", ha ha!! Of course the firemen were right on it. Each time one lit up, it was out with in minutes!
We did end up in the car half way through because we were getting hit with ash and card board. As I was putting Cavan in his seat, on his cheek he had little bits of ash. Didn't faze him though. Sweet kid!!!
I completely forgot my camera when we went to see the fireworks last night at down town commons. That was our first time going to the display here in town. It was just us and Paw Paw! They ended up moving them up 15 minutes, because of lovely, and I mean lovely rain. We need it!! Gabby and I were headed down to the port-o-potties for Gabbs when they started and we were so surprised. I was half tempted to stay down in the park and watch them, but was very glad I decided not too, when 5 minutes later it started to rain! Thank goodness we had set up our chairs right in front of the van. Afterwards, Paw Paw decided to take us to Krispy Kreme...let's just say, we didn't get our doughnuts until 20 minutes after we showed up for the line! Note to self, Do Not try to go to any franchise selling yummy delicious treats after a major event at night in Greenville.

1 comment:

Me and Nick said...

Lots of fun! Wish we were there! Love the pics of the kids in the car, it was really windy, huh? Everyone looks like they were having a blast! Aunt Jean and Uncle Jim look so happy too! Love y'all!