Sunday, August 7, 2011

Here birdie birdie...

Another round of Gabby touching some cool animals! She yelled at us to stop when we were coming around the corner headed towards Ireland. We saw the lady but didn't look at what she was holding, however when Gabby spotted it, she had to touch it!

This was cool to come across in Ireland. This little Irish group performed a few songs for us.

Of course, I was listening hard to the flautist.
This is one of the first rides Gabby rode by herself in the beginning. She still loves to ride it, you just would not be able to tell that by looking at her face...
Coming back through Ireland we got to see the end of some fairy production they had going. It was pretty neat.
I think I'm a little out of order, but no less, we stopped by for the first time to watch their predator show that they put on. It was pretty cool. Lots of amazing animals performed.
We made our way to the Aviary after the show, and for the first time ever, Clay, Gabby, Cavan and I went in. We always pass it by, however this time we did it, spent $3.55 and bought a little cup of nectar and went into to see if the birdies would come to us. The little parrots, which clobber Barry when he goes in, would have nothing to do with us. I tried to get one on my finger and he kept nipping at me, the little bugger. We still gave them some nectar though, grudgingly. This guy would not come down close enough for us to feed him, but he was pretty.
This little guy though, was wonderful. He initially was walking along the path, and we stooped down to give him some nectar, and he ate some. We didn't bother him after that, but then as we came around the corner again, he and a mate were sitting on a ledge and so we walked over to them and tried to give them some more nectar. Next thing I know, he leaps on my right shoulder. I immediately think he is going to poop on me, but he proves me wrong. He slides over to my left shoulder, and looks at Cavan and then hops on my head. I'll post more pictures of him, but just wanted to share my two favorites tonight!! He was the COOLEST BIRD ever!!! He jumped on me again and then went for a third time, but I didn't want to take a chance of ruining a good thing, so we said our goodbyes and scurried away. Ha!!


2 comments:

kokanuts said...

The black bird was pretty...unusual! Love that the kids love animals and aren't afraid! Good pics!

Katie said...

I love the little guy that was on your shoulder - he's so fuzzy looking!!