Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pre-School Trip!!!!

 We had the awesome opportunity to visit the Asheboro Zoo last Saturday before Gabby started school!!  It was a gorgeous day, with a nice wind and cooler weather.  Awesome Day!!!

 Clay said he was trying to get Gabby to pose here!  She didn't want too.  I waited back at the Giraffes, nursing Madi while they checked out the Lions!






 He is such a cute stinker!


 Picking a winner!








 The boy is always jumping!








 Enjoying the Baboons!
 We didn't get a really good close-up of the baby Gorilla, but here he is riding piggy back on his Mommy!!!

 Daddy was hogging the good spot.  Mommy wouldn't come close to the window until he left.  There were too many crazy people standing there to wait for her to come.  We sent Gabby and Cavan to the window under some adults, who needed to move, but I wasn't going to be rude.  I snuck in under one of them and snapped this shot.  =0)
 Gabby was SO excited to see the Dinosaurs!!!



 Cavan, even though it is really bright, is pretending to run away, screaming!!!!



 Clay was very lucky this guy didn't "drop" anything on him while he was snapping this picture!




 I couldn't help taking pictures of this cutie patootie in her seat, being very good!!


 "A LEAF!"
 The tail end of a smile...




 She is such a big helper!  She opened doors for us and held them all day.  Love her!!!



 This little tortoise walks back and forth along this window!  He has done it almost every time we have been!  He is so funny!












 Something we haven't ever encountered at the zoo, a animal out of his exhibit!  A king snake!!  It's blurry, but he came out on one side and slid on over to the other!  The kids loved it!

 Of course, our 3 year old would be the one that would climb to the very top of the spiderweb.  I tell ya this boy has no fear!

 Seals were kind of slow by the time we made it to them.  They were wallowing out of the water, which is something I hadn't ever seen!  It was cool to watch!


 This guy had his little feet were in such a funny way!  He seriously looked done for the day!
 She is so pretty!!!  She is posing with her little turtle friend!!!

 Now onto our next little "out of the exhibit" friend!  This guy was about 5 feet from us when we finally noticed him.  We were busy watching a little squirrel on the path.  This guy sat there while we walked by and then finally slid off of the path when a woman coming up behind us screamed at him!  It was hilarious!!!
 We hadn't even been in the car 5 minutes, before he was out cold!  He slept all of the way home too!
 Gabby was sweet and tried to stay awake and play with Madi for us, but she conked once we got onto 64!
Something cool about this trip, Clay took 85% of the pictures, and they all turned out great!!  He is a quick learner!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Ha! You called your 3rd child Gabby :) And Clay looks like he's been working out! Cavan is a maniac, and completely adorable! He's definitely a go-getter. Love that Gabby is so helpful - don't you love when the kids are friends AND siblings! I love it!

Em said...

Yeah, Clay noticed that I wrote Gabby instead of Madi, so I did change it!!! =0) Ha ha ha!!!