As we headed outside to take a few pictures before we left, Gabby paused at the end of the side walk, and just stood there. I think she wanted her picture taken, not totally sure, but I think that is what she was wanting. Silly kid!
It has not totally sunk in that Gabby is in kindergarten. Cavan and I didn't quite know what to do with ourselves. He was very needy, and kept asking me to hold him and then to "pway" as he says it.
I was surprised at just how excited I was to see her when we picked her up. It was so fun watching her holding her teacher's hand, racing to the car. The teacher appeared to be a bit exhausted. Ha! Gabby jumped into the car screaming, "HI MOM!"!! She LOVED her first day. She said she only had one melt down during recess, but other than that she had fun. She told me all about the books they read. Her favorite was about the Alphabet and how the letter "x" ran away and so when you said the alphabet you couldn't say it. I didn't get that part the first couple of times we sang it and she had to remind me not to say it. She made a bunch of friends, but could only remember the names of a little girl named Arianna and another named Julia. She loved telling me how now she had two friends named Julia now, her cousin and her friend at school. It made her laugh saying it. She said she didn't get to eat all of her lunch, but that she would eat faster when they ate again. She said she slept a long time during quiet time! Upon arriving at the house, she told me that she need to have some down time on the ipad...so we've decided that she'll only get a hour if that. She was on it in the bedroom watching shows she felt she had missed. What in the world?!



2 comments:
She looks so grown up all of a sudden. I'm so happy that she had a good first day! Love you Gabby!
Oh my sweetness!! Can't believe she is in Kindergarten!! :) Found a picture while organizing my garage this weekend of her in her blessing gown!! I'm so happy she had a great first day! Yay for her!!
Post a Comment