We finally were able to celebrate Uncle David's 40th bday, and I'm only putting up three pictures from the party. I know Sonja may (hopefully will =0)) post the rest to her blog. =0) We had a lot of fun. That was Sunday. Yesterday Gabby and I headed out for a walk, twice, and the picture was taken on our first outing. =0) She is so good on our walks. She just talks and talks and every once in awhile lets out a squeal. I'm putting up a picture of one of my roses as it blooms, and not just to show it off but to tell a little story about what a fighter it is. Ha ha!! About a month ago our landlord mowed it down and it was getting really big and had already bloomed three times. Well, I was quite upset and let him know about it too, but at the end of our discussion I asked that if it grew back would he not mow it down again and he said that he wouldn't. After that, he was very kind and did not touch that area. About 2 weeks later, I noticed that a stem was coming up so I immediately went to Lowes and bought more cedar to go around it and this time some cememt blocks (3 courteous of Sonja). =0) Now, a month later it is blooming. Isn't it gorgeous. I really had thought it was gone, but Clay was right, it grew back!!! I love this little plant and it, like I said before, is such a fighter! Ha ha!!!











3 comments:
Your landlord sounds like me. I am terrible at "weeding" only to find out I pulled up real plants.
I'm thoroughly impressed with your horticultural skills. (It's just fun to use the word 'horticulture.' It's a dangerous one to throw out in conversation. Anyway...) The only thing I've kept alive for any length of time is ivy, and only because it takes a Hiroshima to kill that crap. Loved your 'ideal character.' Can't believe I forgot him. I always hated Marianne ends up with him, though. She doesn't deserve him, she's too flighty. Anyhoo, just so you know, I'm just going to have to snatch your bebe one day. She is just sooooo dang cute!
Okay, love all the pictures, but the bathtub hairdo is just too good. It belongs in the "Hairdo Hall of Fame". This is so fun. Told ya, I love minding your business.
I killed a cactus once. Didn't water it enough. A cactus I'm telling ya. How much water can a cactus need? But I still killed it.
Post a Comment