Sunday, January 23, 2011

My Birthday weekend...still can't believe I've hit the big 32!!

For my birthday this year, we decided to get away and go to...

it's very exotic and just paradise...to some...

but to the amazing...NC Zoo!!!
Yes. It. Was. Cold. Really though,

it was a lot of fun. I love making memories with our

little family!

This picture below, has to be my favorite from the whole trip!

I wish I had been able to get more of Gabby in it.

This Gorilla was so funny, in that she came

and took the place of another that was sitting with

her back to Gabby. She kept picking at the grass next

to the glass and finally looked up and right at Gabby.

So sweet! Gabby of course, had no clue what to think.

A picture on the bridge as you enter the park.

It was still a little icy, ha! They had sections roped off

that still had too much ice on them. It was

so cool!!

I stuck this one in. Gabby wanted Princess hair.

This is what Daddy gave her...ha ha!!




These elk slowly made their way towards us, which was so cool

to see!

Cavan was eating a pizza crust during our little lunch break.

My face is a little spastic because he had eventually

gotten all of it in his mouth. Oops! (Gotta love

those ears!!!)
Gabby doing what she wants to so desperately do...drive...

and with her animal friends!
Cavan attempting to see out. I kept him bundled and covered

which made it difficult for him to enjoy too much. He'll

love it when he is older.
We came across this squirrel in a very big hurry

digging for something. We stopped to watch, and sure

enough, he pops out with a nut and runs off.

He really knew where his nut was...ha ha!!



The big old man would not turn around and look at us.

Eventually he got up and walked away...grumpy. He

sure did have some back fat/muscle!

This guy is the head of this pack of Chimps. He is old too,

born in 1971. One of his ladies, is a older gal, having been

born in good old 1969! Older women are definitely

keepers, right honey?!!

As we were walking away from the lions, this guy let out a

roar that was almost surreal. It was so loud,

the bummer part was we didn't get to see him do it.

I wish I had a audio recording, it was ca-razy!
So my weekend was amazing. Thank you Clay and my kids who made it so!

I had a birthday bash at the Fox

home and then at the Kokinda Home Monday and

Tuesday after!

Thanks to all of you present in person and present in Spirit, love y'all!!

5 comments:

kokanuts said...

Love the pictures of you all! Gabby is so vibrant and Cavan so sweet. Em and Clay, you just look happy. Love the gorilla :)

cheryl said...

Happy happy Birthday! I'm so glad it was a good one. Love the photo from the bridge. And Samara has a bath pic just like that so she thought it was her.

Mitch and Shannon said...

So glad you had a Happy Birthday! I love all the pics you posted and you really don't look a day over 29!!!

Me and Nick said...

Love the pics!! So happy you all could get away for a little B-day weekend! The zoo looked like sooo much fun, even in the cold! Wonder what some of those warm weather animals were thinking...probably had something to do with the lions growl...he's cold!! Love you all!! Miss you all!!!

Me and Nick said...

Oh and the pic at the beginning with Gabby and the gorilla is priceless! Can't even begin to wonder what the gorilla could be thinking about!