Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Pretty bird, pretty bird...

Oh yeah, some cool birds!!!
It's a little ridiculous the price they charge for this one tiny little cup of nectar. They were so kind to give us a extra cup for Gabby, just so she could not spill what little nectar you get all at once.

Gabby trying her hardest to coax this little bird into eating out of her cup!
These parrots were meanies while we were there. They wouldn't sit still very long, nor jump on our fingers like they were doing for other folks walking through. Gabby and I were quite bummed, until we met...
this cutie!!!!
Here we are saying hi to this friendly little guy and his buddy.
and here I am scared he might start pecking my head or even Cavan, or worse...pooping.
Apparently Cavan did not notice him at first, which was so funny. I was hesitant that Cavan would start plucking some feathers.
After walking over to say hi to Cavan, he lept up onto my head...
and started looking for bugs. I guess I was in the clear, because he did not start pecking my precious scalp. I do not think I could have handled that...my self esteem as it is, isn't all that high. Imagine if a bird decided I need to be cleaned....Ahhhhh!
Here I have already put him back down from his first venture, and as you can see he is making his way to me...again! He repeated the whole song and dance, starting on the right, moving to left and then ending up on my head. Probably would have gone in for 3rd go around, however we decided to say our goodbyes and run! Ha ha!!
We loved the Aviary, definitely making the effort to go in the next time we head up there!!

And finally...

Concert time!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This picture below, was taken not two seconds after the one above! Difference you ask? In the first, I did not ask her to smile, in the second, I did...huge mistake!
Cavan is just too much sometimes! All I want to do is give him hugs and kisses...probably too much for his liking! What can I say though, he is adorable! Right?!
Concert pictures coming next! I know you guys are just so thrilled...

5 comments:

Me and Nick said...

I'm excited!! We loved feeding the little birds at our visit to the zoo too!! So much fun! Hope you learned your lesson about asking for a smile :) Looking forward to the next round of pics!

kokanuts said...

Love that the little bird loved you...he considered you family...what a compliment :~) The kids are precious...even without the smile! I'm looking forward too...

Katie said...

Gabby's face is killing me when you asked for a smile!

Susanne said...

Ha! That scraggly bird in your had is hilarious.

cheryl said...

Wow! Love these. what a cool place.