Thursday, September 22, 2011

Completely forgot to post about these very important occasions...

Uncle Brian finally came to North Carolina...YAY!! We headed to Maple Hill Saturday, the 10th, so that we had a little time to hang out with the family before he arrived the following Monday. We were totally psyched to see him, and were a little bummed when we got there to find that he had already been waiting like 10 minutes for us. We were even 15 minutes earlier than his arrival time...but what can ya do?! It was nice to see him. Anna and Gabby were a little shy, but soon warmed up to him. Gabby even gave him a knee hug the next night at dinner. I didn't push her to be all lovey, and she was able to hide behind Granny in the airport, no one forcing her to do anything, and I think that helped. She is a bit stubborn(we are slowly figuring out). Cavan didn't think anything about it, he didn't give hugs right away either, but ya know, he's only 15 months. He didn't cry either, he was just like, "hey Man"! Ha!
The bag was hilarious. It seriously could have contained 2 grown men in it, and the best part...Brian could carry it all by his little...um...I mean big self.
So glad he made it safe and sound...and sorry Kate that you are having to be without him right now. =0(

Not to change the subject too abruptly...
Mom pulled out a picture of me when I was a baby...do ya think Cavan and I look anything alike? Truthfully, I don't think I look anything like my baby picture. (Right Katie?!) I think my noggin' is a lot bigger than Cavan's, or it could be the camera angle...
Uncle Johnny celebrated his 37th on the 13th, but since Granny and Auntie Erin could not be there on his Birthday, we celebrated the night Brian came in. Johnny will forever be 35 in my mind, don't know why, but that number is the one I have him stuck at...Happy Birthday Johnny!
I think this face about sums up his feelings on all of it...
I was doing dishes Tuesday while Gabby was off with the Grandparents and Cavan was up from his nap running around underneath me. He disappeared in the living room, and after a few minutes, he got quite, and would not answer me when I called him. So I peeked around the corner and he was in the curtains, staring out the window, playing with the strings to the blinds...never making anything stress free. Ay!
Of course, he turns into a giggle monster the moment I tell him to get down. I was being the super give-into-that-cute-smile-mommy at this moment, and let him play for a second more before taking him down.
Here he is slipping down into the window, to try and "get away" from me...ya know because I am so mean...
but how can I be so mean, when this cute little face is smiling back at me...
A couple of new things he is doing, well I should say saying - "yes" and "all dun" - Tonight he ran into the kitchen whining and pointing up at the counter, and when I asked him if he was hungry, he screamed at me, so I told him to say "yes", and he did!!!! Then when I got up I asked him if he wanted more food, since we had just eaten, and I signed more, and he mimicked me. He hadn't done that in awhile. He can also sign "all done" and loves to shoot his hand out to say "bye". Bye is still "eye", eh, work in progress!!!

Last, but never ever least, Happy Birthday Ella! I cannot believe you are six years old...how time flies!!!!

1 comment:

kokanuts said...

So much to talk about! Love all the comments and pictures! Cavan is such a sweetie! I'm so glad you live near enough to visit...and far enough away to stay with us when you come!!!