Why do we always feel the need to walk down memory lane? I do it on a regular basis the older I get it seems. I read in a blog that I follow, and on it the Mom states that she has already forgotten what it was like when her first child was one and now she is forgetting how it was when her second kids was one. I do remember a lot, but truthfully it is all a blur, especially with Gabby. I think I was walking through a haze the first two years of her life. I remember milestones she would hit, but other than that, it's just...blurry. Cavan has been a little bit easier. He was such a happy baby from the get go, and Gabby just loved him from the beginning too. She has been a wonderful big sister and a helper to me. I do though, already miss Cavan being a baby. He, like his Sister, is growing too fast. This morning, he started "fake" laughing at me, just to make me giggle at him. He loves to growl at the cats and sometimes at us. The cats really do not like him too much. Ha! I need to start "journaling" his accomplishments on here, so here I go for a little bit of that. He can say "Daddy", "Gabby", "Mommy", "more" (which sounds like mo), and he loves to bark like Grandma's poodle. Also, lots of jibber jabber. When he talks he thinks we know exactly what he is saying as he changes the tone he is using. He loves to scream when he isn't getting what he wants. If you tell him no, he will look at you, raise his eyebrows and squeal/growl, and then try it again. We took him to the duck pond the other day, and he was trying his hardest to get in the water with the ducks. I must have taken Gabby when she was a bit older, because she would get close to the water, but never tried to get in as hard as Cavan has. He loves to run around chasing Gabby, squealing after her, and then loves for her to chase him. He has many tickle points on his rib cage and back, and his inner thighs. Mommy of course, goes for all of them, just to make him smile and laugh. He now goes down for his naps twice a day without hardly any fight. He lays right down and drinks his bottle. He doesn't cry at night when put to bed, instead he bangs his bottle on his crib and talks to Gabby. He giggles and runs from me when I have to come in the room for whatever reason, and between the two of them, bedtime has become a social time...and that is not always a good thing...
(I want to squeeze these little feet, they are so precious)
I remember my first trip to Busch Gardens. I was 8 or 9 and we, my sister Katie and I, rode the Loch Ness monster. Now they have height restrictions, but then, a long long long time ago, they did not. It. Scared. The. Mess. Out. Of. Me. I still remember my Dad telling Katie to scream when she was scared, and before we left the loading area, she let out a squeal! We laugh at it and think how Katie was scared and so cute about it, but truthfully, she did what I wanted to do. I was screaming as I walked down the ramp to get on the ride. It stuck with me for many years. I avoided big rides like that, like they were the plague. It wasn't until I started dating, and had to be brave, that I started riding the BIG rides again (yep, I rode the rides for the men folk). It was a good thing I did too, simply because Clay is a avid roller coaster rider. He loves them so so so so much. When we first got married, for our 1st Anniversary we went to Busch Gardens and Kings Dominion! We go at least once year to BG, not so much Kings Dominion, not enough shade. I have found relief though (I still get scared out of my mind just thinking about rides), ever since we had kids, our riding possibilities have come to a halt. I have not had to step foot on one, in two years. I am not complaining either. Clay has managed to get a couple of rides in here and there, but me, I do not miss them! Now I go for the fun of watching our little ones play. Plus, they have wonderful shows and food, oh yes the food!! Love it!! The memories we make there are so fun and just wonderful! I am always excited in thinking we will get to go back one day soon, well not any time soon, just for the money aspect of it, but eventually. The next time we go, I'm thinking Cavan will be playing with his big sis, which will be a wonderful treat for her.



3 comments:
Always good to do a little journaling! I have a list of things I fill out in my journal about Julius every once in a while...his favorite things and funny stories, etc. Enjoyed reading yours!! Love y'all!
Love the journal...now remember to get it printed...it will be wonderful for the kids to read someday!!!
Love those chunky little feet!
Post a Comment