We started this last week out on Saturday the 25th, celebrating Bonnie's Birthday which was on the 24th. We had a blast hanging out with the family that night. Gabby immediately had Paw Paw working outside. He came home from work and 5 seconds later was outside with Gabby. This is where we spotted them about 5 minutes later. She has him wrapped tightly around her little finger. =0) He said he had to work hard to keep her from heading to the road. She would do it in a heart beat and that is for sure.




The Monday after, Bonnie, Sonja, Phil, Gabby and I, all packed up early and headed down to Alabama to visit with Bonnie's sisters, Alta and Martha. On the way we had to stop at "South of the Border" and take some pictures. Gabby thoroughly enjoyed running around to each statue and checking them out. =0)



We went straight to Aunt Altas' house and stayed there until Wednesday night. They have a huge saltwater pool and it was awesome. We played in it Monday night, Tuesday morning and then the rain came. We attempted to get back in before it rained Tuesday morning, but that didn't last. Right after we got in, the wind picked up and then the rain started coming. It pretty much rained every day that week. It was a bummer, but we still had so much fun with the family. =0)
Gabby would call this the "nite nite". Such a silly little girl. We came back to Alta's Sunday and got in the pool again. This time, Gabby was very brave. She ended up leaping off into the pool and wanted to jump in all by herself and to no one. We ended up ending that pretty quick by scaring her when she attempted to leap in with no one around. It was my fault though, I had started calling to her on Monday and telling her to watch as I leaped into the pool. She thought that was pretty cool and decided that she was going to do it too apparently. =0)




During our visit to the museum, they were having a graduation in the main part, so we could only take photos from the hall looking in. As we were watching, Gabby was quite interested and kept shouting out to the crowd. Thankfully we were far enough away, they couldn't hear her. =0)


It's sad when they have to put a sign like that on the side of a airplane. I wonder what fool made that possible.

Here are some of the photos that were on display, that I just had to take some shots of. They came out pretty good, if I do say so myself.
Gabby playing with her awesome doll swing that Calvin, Martha's husband, had made. She absolutely loves it, as you will see in a picture a little way down.
Aunt Martha's pup, Rascal, loved to follow Gabby around sniffing her rear. It was so fun, and he was such a cute little dog.
Playing with Kyle!!
Little Man, Aunt Martha's newest addition to her family. He was quite the frisky puppy. So cute too!!
Rascal playing around. He is such a talented dog.
The cool tractor rocker, Uncle Calvin gave to Gabby. She absolutely loves riding it too.
Aunt Martha and Little Man!
We stopped on the way back to Greenville at the "VA Cemetery" where Bonnie's Brother, Leland, has been laid to rest. It was a very beautiful place.






Playing in the doll swings' seat. She did this for about 15-20 minutes yesterday morning. I love that she loves to play with all of her cool toys. I'm bummed that I didn't take more pictures of everyone. I will hopefully be able to bum some off of Sonja and Bonnie. I know they took lots. =0) It was a fabulous trip and we can't wait to go back and visit.
Paw Paw was quite concerned about what Gabby was attempting to do at the pool and so yesterday he went and bought her her very own life vest. It is so cool too and she absolutely loved wearing it. I think she wore it for quite awhile after this picture!
1 comment:
Looks like so much fun! Glad it was a good time - and I agree with Barry, the lifejacket is a MUST with that fearless little girl! Fun, fun, fun!
Post a Comment