Sunday, July 11, 2010

Need to take more pictures!

I finally decided it was time to give Cavan his first "real" bath. =0) We had been doing the lovely sponge bath since he came home, however I just have been putting off dunking him. Poor kid peed twice, once in his face and even had a bit of poop end up in the water. Needless to say we had to clean the water out, this mind you, is why I hesitated for so long. Baths always end up being longer and more trouble sometimes than they need to be. Anyways, he did great other than that. He did cry a couple of times, and his little bottom lip did shiver a few times, but other than that, he did great! =0) He is so stinkin' cute too!
Last Monday, Daddy and Gabby got back in their pool to cool off and play and Cavan and I were able to come out and snap some pictures of them, and a few of us. Oddly enough, I never have pictures of me and my kids. Sonja and Mom snapped a few of me in the hospital, which I am grateful for. I sometimes think maybe my kids should know I was around a little bit and not always behind the camera. =0)
The other night I had a hankering' for some yummy food, and I know Clay loves red velvet cake, so I decided to combine my desire for food and his like of cake, and made some Red velvet cupcakes. When I was done, Gabby was more than happy to help me "decorate" them. After each sprinkle, that cupcake was picked up and bit off of. I caught onto her at cupcake number 3, and told her she needed to eat the ones she had already started on. In the end, there were more sprinkles on the floor and counter than on the cupcakes. Gotta love a very obliging and giving child! She did do really good helping me though and thoroughly enjoyed herself! =0)

2 comments:

kokanuts said...

Cavan is getting so big so fast! Gabby too! Great pics! Fun times! Love you all, Mom K

Me and Nick said...

I love it! I'm so sad I haven't met Cavan yet!! He is a gorgeous little boy! You are looking great Em! The cupcakes look delicious! Gabby is having sooo much fun being a big helper :) Love and miss y'all!