Monday, February 13, 2012

Kids just say the darnedest things...

Last night we were eating over at the Grandparents. Cavan was being a little stickler at the table, and just done with food or at least the food that was in front of him. At one point I went into the kitchen to find something else for him to eat, when I hear, I think David ask Gabby, "Do you beat your brother?". Well Gabby very matter-of-factually states, "No..only Mom does!"!!! I started to crack up laughing in the kitchen, and so did the whole table. Gabby though, came streaking into the kitchen to me about to burst into tears. She was so embarrassed, thinking she had said something wrong. I picked up her, while laughing hysterically, telling her it was okay and that it she was just fine, nobody was laughing at her. Ha ha!! That probably sounds bad, but lately we have been dealing with Cavan crawling out of his crib repeatedly every night for the past few weeks. I am about to go insane trying to keep in him in bed, so I give him a pop, sometimes a few more, every once in awhile to let him know I am very serious. It has not been going well, but Gabby lays there trying to help by telling him to get into bed. It never even crossed my mind what she was thinking every time Cavan would get a little pop, but now I know!!! Ha ha!! Needless to say, we did try a different approach last night, no pops, and he did go to bed a lot quicker...aw kids! They just say the darnedest things...in front of everyone...to make you look really bad...and they really do not even realize it. Gotta love it!!

2 comments:

cheryl said...

This is so hilarious! Samara would have done the exact same thing.

kokanuts said...

Gabby, even on triple zoom all the time, is truly listening to everything and feeling all the emotions of everyone around her. It warms my heart to know this. What a wonderful woman she will be!