Monday, March 9, 2009

So...I definitely will not win the Mommy of the year medal =0)

The first set of pictures are not about my post title at all. =0) We went over to Grandma and Paw Paw's house on Saturday to check out their new outside kitchen, which is very very nice. Gabby of course loved playing and running around the whole thing. The first thing she went for after we had walked outside, was the broom laying out in the yard. She proceeded to sweep. Paw Paw tried his hardest to show her the dirt she should be sweeping, but for some reason she liked in front of the fire place and next to Paw Paw's seat. =0) She started out in shorts but as you scroll down, you'll see why we had to put pants on her. =0(

It's sad but true, she took a bunch of spills. She would get to running as quick as she could and then down she'd go. We didn't put pants on her right after she received this cut, but the moment she fell again and cut her hand (even though that is no where near her legs), I put pants on her. =0) She's such a silly little baby!!

Some lovely pictures with Grandma and Paw Paw!!



Paw Paw decided to sing to Gabby on the swing, but his song ended up being a little to sarcastic. =0) He pretty much sang about poor Grandma breaking their swing. Sorry I'm a bit loud in it, but I had to post it, just because they are too funny sitting on the swing together and Grandma just a watching them. Before Paw Paw and Gabby sat down, the three of them had tried to sit on it together, but the chains were so rusty that when the three were on there, it broke. They were all okay thankfully, but Paw Paw just could not help poking fun at Grandma.



Lovely backyard view, with hubby in there!!

These next two pictures are proof of why I should just forget being Mom of the year. Ha ha!! As you can see, Gabby is bending down to pick something up. Well...

if you look a little closer in this picture, you can kind of see the dog poop she is sticking her little nosy fingers into. I didn't realize it until I moved the camera from my face and looked at her fingers. Needless to say we ran into the house to clean all of it off. However before I could get it all off, I had let go of one hand in order to grab a wipe and before I could get a hold of it, she had put it to her mouth. Yucky!! She did start to cry as I'm saying "yucky gabby, yucky". So either she tasted it and didn't like it, or I scared her. I'm hoping for the later. =0) She is so inquisitive!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such fun pictures outside! That is hysterical her on the swing with pawpaw. However, I see I need to come down and visit soon and steal away all those pacifiers she keeps plugged into her mouth! Tisk, tisk! ;) Don't make me give you my developmentally appropriate lecture! Haha.

Me and Nick said...

Just wait Em...these are the days when their knees stay bruised and you think it will never end! This is just the first of the skinned knees and certainly not the last!! Tell the Fox's I love the new kitchen! Make sure Gabby is in jeans whenever she's there :)j/k!

Katie said...

So gross with the dog poop, but you both survived and that makes you a Mommy of the Year! You're an awesome Mom, and you can get rid of the pacifier whenever you darn well feel like it. I love you!