Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Scenic Beach State Park on the Hood Canal!

Molly and I decided on Presidents day to head out to see some sites. We ended up going with the Scenic Beach State Park which was only supposed to be 20 minutes from her house. Well, just our luck as we're heading towards we come to a detour. It just happened to be right before the turn off into the park. So...we decided to take the detour. It ended up taking us a extra 45 minutes. In total, about a hour to get to this beautiful little beach. It was worth, believe me. I posted the first picture by itself, because it kept coming out blurry in the collages. We took this after I had dropped poor Gabby's foot into a little stream of water we were trying to cross. Poor kid!!!
Here are a bunch of pictures of Aunt Mi Mi, Julius, Gabby and I, having fun on the beach. It was a bit nippy, so we were all bundled up.

Here is the wonderful, gorgeous view of the mountain range on the opposite side. It was just breathtaking.

The cool Bald Eagle that a nice gentlemen pointed out to us. It was quite a way off, so we decided to walk down the beach to it. It was way way way up in the top of a tree.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mitch and Shannon said...

Emily, GORGEOUS PICS....I'm so jealous....Washington looks like a beautiful state!!

Katie said...

WOW! I mean, I was there, but WOW. It's beautiful and you all look so cute and happy! The Bald Eagle is really cool and the top right pic of the mountain - in your collage - is awesome, frame worthy! You and Gabby are so cute in your picture - how did you do the color stuff? That's really cool! You look good!

cheryl said...

How beautiful!! It is breathtaking. what a fun place to have family live.