skip to main |
skip to sidebar
So...
Gabby has been quite busy these past couple of days. =0) First on Saturday we took Gabby to feed the ducks at the pond behind the hospital. Grandma and Aunt Sonja both accompanied us there and we had a blast trying to keep Gabby out of the water. 










Then on Sunday, this is the big thing, we were getting ready to leave church. I was on my way back into the building for a bit, and threw Clay's keys up front, thinking he was going to be getting in the car right away. At the same time, Gabby had my keys. Well, as I was coming back out of the church, Clay yells to me, "Gabby has locked herself in the car!". I thought, oh great, especially since neither of us have a spare aside from our own. Well, it was not a great time for her to do that, since first, the car was not on, and second it was warm enough out, that it was getting hot inside the car fast. We tried and tried to get her to press the button again, but she only kept holding up and pressing the buttons on Clay's old car key. So that didn't work, she finally got mad at us and threw them down and started crying. Poor kid. Needless to say, about 15 minutes passed before the cop finally arrived. She was sweating like crazy and had finally given up and gone to sleep. None of us could keep our eyes off of her, hoping she didn't, well, ya know. So any hoot, just our luck the car door would not open for the cop so he came around to the passenger side in order to try and get the keys out of the seat. He couldn't get them to latch and stay on, but when I saw the button for the locks, I asked if he could just push that. Thankfully, it worked. Yay, go cop for your awesome ability with a long metal pole (oddly enough he didn't have a slim jim with him). =0) Gabby didn't wake up from her nap until we got her home thankfully, and all we can say is...lesson learned. Ha ha!! Tuesday, while Aunt Sonja was down visiting, I was doing my bi-weekly, I know it should be more often, pooper scooping in the yard. Once I got it all up, I told Sonja she could let Gabby go. Well, where did Gabby go first...the trash can with the poop in it. She was so quick, niether of us even saw her stick her little fingers in. She came walking to us, holding not just one, but two pieces of dried you know what. I wanted to vomit. That was taken away quickly and then we went inside to clean up. She can be into everything. This is why I think those parents who do not have pets are actually pretty lucky not to have to clean up the extra mess. It's definitely not all that fun!! =0) Don't get me wrong, I love all of our pets, just don't like cleaning up after them everyday, all day long! =0)
5 comments:
Wow, how scary, but I'm glad it worked out. Time to leave a spare set of house and car in your house and never touch it - unless you need someone to drive over and get it. We need a spare key...hmmm...
So gross with the poo...I'm waiting for it. I hear ya too. I love my dogs, but not their 'business' or their hair!
didn't i see an earlier picture of picking-up-the-poop? you've gotta get that girl some toys!
We do need a spare key and this definitely has made us think about it, Kate!! You are so right too Gloria!! Ha ha!!!
I got locked out of my house when it was about 30 degrees outside, i didn't have a spare and Mitch had both sets of keys...we made a spare that day, and put it in the garage so I could get in the house when I needed!! Sorry about the poo...it's bound to happen, but you live and you learn right?! Gabby is adorable. I love her!!
I'm just proud that you guys stayed so calm while she was trapped. WAY better than us - we would have been paying to replace a window :-)
Post a Comment